Thursday, September 10, 2009

English Muffin Toasting Bread

I admit, I was attracted to this recipe for English Muffin Toasting Bread because it was almost time to make tomorrow's lunch and I didn't have anything in the apartment with which I might make it:
Also, the King Arthur Flour pictures looked pretty tasty. I'll...work on it and make a nicer looking loaf next time.

You can't beat this bread for quick - the ingredients include both baking soda and yeast, for two kinds of rising power, and you're instructed to use a hand mixer!

Oh, yes, and no kneading, just throw the dough into the prepared pan:

The warm water called for in the recipe worked quickly with the yeast and steamed over the plastic wrap on my dough:

As I used a large loaf pan and worked through the recipe pretty quickly, this bread didn't come out quite as advertised, but it made delicious toast and sandwiches, and I'll be trying for a prettier and lighter loaf soon:

No comments:

Post a Comment