Saturday, October 17, 2009

Peanut Butter and Jelly Bread

I usually spread my peanut butter on bread after it's baked:
But I found this fun looking recipe on King Arthur Flour and decided to give it a try.

The recipe had an oatmeal bread base, which was mixed into a flour, honey, water and yeast mixture:

More flour and whole wheat flour are added until a nice soft dough is formed:

Quite a bit of flour had to be added while kneading to get this dough smooth and ready to rise:

Once the bread rose, it was time for some fun:

I split the dough in half and rolled it into a rectangle, similar to how a regular loaf of bread is made. But This is then spread with a bit of peanut butter and then jelly (I used a fig jam), and rolled up for a swirl of tastiness:

Once these loaves rose:

I baked them into an unusual sandwich bread:
Another time I'll roll my dough a bit thinner and attempt a bit of a tighter loaf for a better spread of the peanut butter and jelly - but this bread was still a big win.

No comments:

Post a Comment