Sunday, June 14, 2009

Salted Peanut Cookies

There are many more varieties of peanut butter cookies than most people ever taste, and I am delighted to keep making more of them:
This particular recipe, for a salted peanut cookie, is the least sweet I've made. This goes even farther than usual in convincing me that a peanut butter cookie is a healthy snack.

The usual suspects: softened butter, peanut butter, sugars, flour and peanuts, are lined up below:

Once you've creamed the butter and peanut butter, and creamed in the white, then brown sugars, eggs are added in one by one:

Flour is then added in two installments. This dough gets very stiff:

The last step is to add a healthy dose of salted peanuts:

I used my trick of an ice cream scoop to keep my cookies uniform and my hands clean. You can also see here that I frequently scrape the side of the bowl to make sure I use all of my dough!

No comments:

Post a Comment