I mixed all of this into a very sticky dough that proved a bit tough to knead. I knew at that point that my recipe wasn't quite right yet, but I decided to keep going and see what might happen.
The dough did smooth out and I set it to rise:
Halfway through, you can see the volume growing, and also the light changing in my kitchen:
At the end of the first rise, I was hopeful that the bread would indeed prove tasty:
I spread it into an oval...
and rolled it up into a loaf:
I sprinkled the loaf with poppyseeds and let it rise once more:
And the final product came out light and delicious, although I will be modifying this recipe before I make it again: