Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Brownies

When I'm making brownies I sometimes find it hard to pour the batter into the pan and bake it, rather than spooning the entire bowl straight into my mouth:
I use several brownie recipes, but this is the oldest of the bunch. I came across it in high school, and have committed it to memory so I can make a quick sweet treat whenever the need arises.

It starts with eggs - you beat them and beat them, and then add sugar. You transform them from this (appropriate to throw in a pan and scramble):

To this - a thick, foamy brownie base:

Then you just add in a mixture of melted chocolate and butter, and a touch of vanilla:

And a bit of flour:

Once these brownies bake and cool, the top cracks and collapses down to a layer of dense, fudgy brownies:

No comments:

Post a Comment