Thursday, May 28, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookies

I had a kid's cookbook when I was little that had a recipe for chocolate chip cookies. In that recipe, I was directed to melt butter in the microwave (supervised by a parent, of course) and then mix sugar and brown sugar in, instead of creaming them. The results prompted my mother to grab a bag of chocolate chips and teach me to use the classic toll house cookie recipe.
Above you can see my flour mixed with leavening next to a bowl of butter waiting to be creamed with the sugar and brown sugar.

Here you can see the texture of the dough after creaming and before I mix in the eggs:

Once the eggs and dry ingredients are mixed in, all you need are chocolate chips (and nuts, if you choose). I added milk chocolate chips this time:

I like these when they are just cool enough to not burn your tongue:

No comments:

Post a Comment