Friday, May 22, 2009

Banana Bundt Cake

My love of green bananas has been documented before, so I am sure it is no surprise to see me mashing slightly brown fruit to make a Banana Bundt Cake. This is another great banana recipe from Dorie Greenspan's "Baking."

Beauty and the Feast was headed over to bake with me, so I set out the ingredients after my bananas were mashed:

This is a fairly standard cake recipe - the butter is creamed with the sugar, and then the dry ingredients are added alternately with the wet. Once all of those items are incorporated, the bananas are mixed in, leaving the batter a bit chunky:

This cake would also bake beautifully as a loaf - the top is decorative enough to not justify greasing all of the grooves of a bundt pan:

The turned out cake was sliced right away and eaten warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment