Thursday, February 12, 2009

Apple-Cinnamon Oat Bread

A finished Apple-Cinnamon Oat boule. I was working, this time, in a kitchen with no loaf pans, so I looked for a recipe that seemed like it would hold up well in a rustic shape. I also needed a recipe that would make tasty toast, since the friends I was visiting frequently have that for breakfast. I used a great recipe from the King Arthur Flour website, though I left out the nuts:
Here is the rather wet dough - because you can always add flour - before kneading:

After the first rise:

The shaped bread:


And ready to go into the oven after a second rise:


I love the King Arthur recipes but I was surprised to see that a lot of them don't use bread flour - including this one. When you use regular flour you'll need to knead a bit more to develop the gluten, but the bread is often just as delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment