Saturday, September 5, 2009

Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich Cookies

It is no secret that I like peanut butter, and I'll try a new peanut butter cookie recipe...well, anytime:

So when I saw this recipe in the New York Times I softened some butter and blended it with sugar and peanut butter (I used crunchy):

Here's the final dough once I added in the flour and leavening:

The dough then had to be rolled into a log and chilled for a few hours:

Once the dough is cool, all that remains is slicing, baking and construction - and the dough can be chilled for a few days or even frozen to have ready for unexpected peanut butter cookie cravings:

I found once the cookies were cooled that the best method of construction was assembly line:
Once they were done it was like having the tastiest bits of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich rolled together...but I will continue to make bread instead of taking these for lunch. probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment