Thursday, May 14, 2009

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies

Chocolate Chip Cookies are an almost guaranteed crowd pleaser, and everyone has a favorite recipe (usually the one on the back of the bag of chocolate chips). I decided to take a look into Dorie Greenspan's "Baking" for some inspiration, as I have found her cookbook to be a great source for twists on some of my favorite things. This time, I decided to make her Chocolate Chocolate Chip cookies. As you can see here, the basic formula of butter creamed with sugar and brown sugar is followed, and there is cocoa powder mixed in with the flour and leavening:

The flour mixture was mixed bit by bit into the creamed butter and sugar after I added eggs and vanilla:

You can really see the mixture picking up all of the great chocolate flavor as I added more of the cocoa mixture:

Finally, I added in chocolate chips and the dough was ready to go:

To get more regularly sized cookies and to keep my fingers a little bit cleaner, I used a small ice cream scoop to deposit the dough on the parchment lined cookie sheets:

Here are the finished cookies fresh from the oven:

No comments:

Post a Comment